Home | Store


An Up and Down Day for Philly Food
Monday, March 24, 2008 | posted by Mike

You win some, you lose some...

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the food over in England, I'm happily readjusting to meals back home. And, of course, that means many of my usual favorites, including the food of Philadelphia, where I toil away at the day job.

There was a bit of local food news today, with Philly managing a decent showing among the James Beard Finalist nominees. Included in the list was a nom for Jose Garces in the Best Chef Mid-Atlantic. You all will likely remember his name from tales of my trips to Tinto and Amada. The recognition is well-deserved.

As good as that news was, I have the sad duty to inform you that, despite tantalizing us with the possibility, Rachael Ray will not be in attendance when the production crew of her show Tasty Travels turns up in the City of Brotherly Love to shoot some footage.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.