Home | Store


About Two Hours
Wednesday, March 05, 2008 | posted by Mike

That's approximately how much Food Network, in total, I've watched over the past three weeks or so. And that's including the two DVR'd episodes of Bourdain's seven-year-old-show that I viewed.

I caught about fifteen minutes of that Ultimate Recipe show and had some Giada on as background noise on a Saturday morning. Normally, I'd rant about the over-the-top Applebee's tie-in, but the show doesn't come close to eliciting enough passion to get me worked up.

Then, the other night, I switched FN on and saw Dinner: Impossible. That just depressed me and so we were off to something cheerier...I think it was a WWII documentary on The History Channel.

I don't know whether that spate of negative articles about the Food Network from a couple weeks back had an impact on me, but I certainly haven't been thrilled lately.

That's not to say that I haven't been watching food TV lately. In fact, I've been watching quite a bit of what may well be the best food show on television. And the unfortunate part is that you likely aren't watching it. In fact, you may not even be able to watch it.

But we'll have more on that next week...

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.