...And We're Back
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 | posted by Mike
I hope that everyone had a good time while I was away. I had an absolute blast in London, as you can see from the picture of me in Trafalgar Square over there.
In addition to seeing all of the historical sites, churches and museums, it was also a great trip from a foodie standpoint. Meals included:
The week was spent pretty much free of food television. For one thing, we got something like seven channels in my hotel room and three of them were in Arabic, so that limited the options. I did catch a couple of commercials (or "adverts," as the Brits call them) for the supermarket Sainsbury's featuring Jamie Oliver that were good for a giggle.
- Some great chicken vindaloo from one of the city's many Indian restaurants.
- Tea pretty much every day, often with a scone with clotted cream.
- Fantastic Fish and Chips at the Dickens Inn in St. Katherine Docks, right near the Tower Bridge.
- A proper English Breakfast that featured sausage, rashers, egg, baked beans and mushrooms.
- And my latest obsession, steak and ale pie.
But that's all over now and we're back to "real life." Sigh.