Home | Store


Working for the Weekend
Friday, November 09, 2007 | posted by Mike

I'm beat. Working a full-time job, commuting a considerable distance, writing for this site and drywalling a basement (not my own, mind you) in the evenings can take it out of you. So a restful weekend would be nice right now. Unfortunately, there is more drywall to be done on Saturday, so I'll have to settle for a restful Sunday. On the other hand, I get to look forward to the finale of Next Iron Chef, which has been an extremely pleasant surprise. I'm not sure how often they can trot out another one of these competitions, but I hope to see more of this sort of thing in the future.

Well, we struck out on our solicitation of stories and pictures from the recent personal appearances by Rachael Ray and Anthony Bourdain (ooooh, what I would have given for those appearance to have been together!). But all is not lost. Madeline over at Everything Rachael Ray has a recap of Rachael's appearance at a mall in Moorestown, NJ. She's got a link to the video, too.

I've been to that mall a million times. It was great...back in the 80's, they actually had a narrow "pool" that ran down the center of the main corridor that had ducks swimming around in it. Strange, I know. But this is New Jersey, where there are more malls than people, so I guess they had to do something to differentiate themselves.

Tony, meanwhile, was down in DC, and Washingtonian.com has a recap of the event. I wonder if he ever gets tired of dreaming up new and creative ways to describe the celebrity chefs that he despises.

On Sandra Lee: “Charles Manson and Betty Crocker’s love child. She gets that glassy Squeaky Fromme look when she’s talking about her tablescapes. I want to call security.”

Guess not.

He does talk a little bit about the DC food scene, which I'm quietly filing away for reference in the near future. More on that next week...

Also next week, we'll have a post about a close encounter between a member of the crack TVFoodFan Reporting Team and a certain TV food personality. It will be fun, I promise.

Labels: , ,

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.