Home | Store


Philly Nostalgia
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 | posted by Mike

I try to keep the non-food TV content to a relative minimum, but, as they say: man does not live on bread alone. Plus, I get a kick out of it and, well...it's my site, so I'll write what I want.

Anyway, there is a bit of Philly nostalgia (specifically, local television personalities) going on in the comments of the Chef Tell post below. These days, we live in a TV landscape of syndicated and national programs, a far cry from the heyday of local programming that lasted through the 1980s. It's a shame, in a way, because some of these local personalities are quirky and colorful in a way that would never fly in the homogenized world of national television.

Well, as these sort of reminiscences often do, the back and forth quickly escalated into a bit of a competition. Specifically, CurlyGirl thought it would be fun to try and one-up my Captain Noah reference. Apparently, CurlyGirl knows not with whom she is messing!

Curly...I'm sorry to have to do this. I didn't want to have to go this far. But I'm afraid that I must.

And so, I present to you...that Maneater from Manayunk...Stella!


 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.