Home | Store


Alton Brown is Going to Hate This Show
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 | posted by Mike

I must have missed this the first time around (there was apparently a couple of episodes aired last October), but the folks at Food Network were pushing some promos this weekend for a show called Gotta Get It, which takes a look at kitchen gadgets. The episode that airs this weekend will be all about breakfast. Will we get to see one of those egg sandwich makers? I'm guessing we will.

It's been a long while since I blogged about kitchen gadgets. But I have to admit that I'm as guilty as the next foodie when it comes to collecting gadgets. I try not to do too much of it and I always try to adhere to Alton's rule that no tool (except the fire extinguisher) be a unitasker. And, having just moved, I now know the value of limiting the number of useless gadgets.

Of course, there's money to be made in kitchen gadgets, and as long as someone can dream up another way to separate an egg, peel garlic or (shudder) cut through an aluminum can with a knife, there will always be someone willing to shell out a couple of bucks for it.

Check out the show on April 21st at 9:30 p.m.

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.