Home | Store


You Say It's Your Birthday...
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 | posted by Mike

...well it's my birthday too, yeah.

That's right. Not to seem self-serving, but today is the anniversary of my birth. Feel free to leave your well-wishes in the comments below. Cash is also accepted.

Actually, this does have at least a nominal tie-in with TV Food Fan, and it comes from the gift that I got from my parents.

Now, you all know that I never went to culinary school. In case you're wondering (although I'm sure you're not), I attended The College of New Jersey (formerly Trenton State College) for undergrad and got my masters at Rutgers University. Both are fantastic institutions of learning, but I never had a class that showed me how to make a roux.

However, I am no longer relegated to cooking in the red-and-white polka dot apron (seriously) simply because I don't have a degree from Johnson & Wales or the Culinary Institute of America.

Instead, I'll be cooking in my snazzy new denim Food Network chef's coat. It comes complete with the Food Network logo, french cuffs (which will stay out of the tomatoes as I squish them by hand for pasta sauce) and pockets in the sleeve for a thermometer, so I'll be cooking in style.

Sorry that I wasn't able to include a photo of it, but I haven't been doing much real cooking since renovations have begun on the new TVFF home office. I promise you that, once I'm settled and taking advantage of the extra space afforded by the new kitchen, I'll post a couple of me doing my thing in the new coat.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.