Home | Store


Rachael Ray and the Wikipedia Guy
Sunday, August 13, 2006 | posted by Mike

100 Most Influential PeopleJust in case you weren’t convinced that omnipresent TV chef/talker Rachael Ray was the nicest person on the face of the earth, we get confirmation from The News Courier in Athens, Alabama.

Huntsville native and Wikiepedia founder Jimmy Wales gets a profile in the paper (and proclaims fame “really cool”) after recently being named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People.

As much as an honor as that must have been, a call to his mom from the world’s perkiest chef may have been the real highlight:
For Mrs. Wales, one perk of her son’s fame stands out.

“Rachael Ray called me,” she said. Ray, host of a popular cooking show on the Food Network, was attending the Lincoln Center event honoring Time’s 100 Most Influential People, where he walked a red carpet to enter.

“Jimmy met her and said ‘I don’t know if my mom is more proud of me getting the Time 100 honor or meeting you,” Mrs. Wales recalls. Ray offered to call Mrs. Wales on her son’s cell phone.

“He said, ‘Mom, I have someone who wants to talk to you — Rachael Ray.’ So she talked to me, told me I must be so proud of my son. That was my highlight,” said Mrs. Wales.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.