Crumbs – 7/26/06
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 | posted by Mike
It’s Wednesday, so that means it’s Crumbs time. Bite-size morsels for my mid-week short attention span:
- Scripps, the parent company of Food Network, reported that profits were down 27% in the second quarter, but revenue from FN was up 18.5%.
- Jamie Oliver introduced the students who will be part of his new Fifteen restaurant in Melbourne, Australia.
- I guess they just don’t want to eat their vegetables…Kids Don’t Like Jamie Oliver’s Healthy Lunches.
- But Slashfood.com seems to like Giada De Laurentiis’ latest cookbook.
- Maybe it wasn’t such an amicable split: Sara Moulton tells the Bergen (NJ) Record: "The Food Network is done with me. ... They're not interested in education anymore.”
- Next Food Network Star Guy Fieri talks with his hometown newspaper, which reports that ratings are good for “Guy’s Big Bite.”