Home | Store


Gordon Ramsay Nearly Blinded By Sous Chef!!!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 | posted by Mike

This story has been kicking around for a few days. It turns out that TV chef Gordon Ramsay is fine, so now it's OK to make light of the subject.

According to the Daily Mail, Chef Ramsay was splashed in the eye with boiling hot stock while working with an amateur chef during a taping of his UK show The F-Word. (Which I'm sure he promptly uttered after getting hit in the face with soup.)

Reports stated that the injury was an "accident," but anyone who has seen Ramsay dish out the abuse on Hell's Kitchen KNOWS that this was premeditated.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time discussing Hell's Kitchen despite the fact that they're in the middle of a season right now. This is mostly because I think the show gets repetitive after about two episodes.

Also, I know I'm supposed to root for the contestants against the tyrannical Ramsay, but having to watch Dewberry last season pushed me perilously close to the edge of anger. I found myself constantly thinking, "Well, he had THAT coming."

What does it mean when you end up rooting for the foul-mouthed egomaniac rather than the upstart kids? Does that make me a bad person? Is it like rooting for the house in blackjack?

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.