Home | Store


Valentine's Day in Philadelphia
Monday, February 11, 2008 | posted by Mike

In case you didn't already know, Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching. Other than the fact that it's held on February 14th each and every year, the most obvious way of getting the hint may have been from the not-so-subtle change in the programming on food television programs during the past weekend and upcoming week. What would that change be?

Of course, it's the non-stop running of shows dedicated to desserts, chocolate and assorted other sweets. I haven't managed to catch an episode of Unwrapped this week, but I'm sure the topic was, in no particular order, how Hershey makes its chocolate, how Godiva makes its chocolate, how Ghirardelli makes its chocolate, how Lindt makes its chocolate and how Russel Stover makes its chocolate.

Nothing says "I love you" as much as demonstrating to your one true love that they are stuck with you for life no matter how fat you become.

OK...I like a sweet treat as much as the next person, but for me the really exciting eating is of a more savory variety. Fortunately, we won't be exchanging candy in the TVFF household. Instead, we'll be heading out for a meal at Tinto, one of Philadelphia's top restaurants and the newer of the two establishments run by chef Jose Garces, whose Amada is one of our all-time favorite meals.

Coincidentally, my buddy PhilaFoodie featured one of Tinto's dishes in a spotlight post just yesterday. I'm taking that as a good omen that I'll be enjoying my trip to this Basque-style tapas and wine bar.
 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.