Home | Store


The Ongoing Appeal of Colombe Jacobson-Derstine
Thursday, January 24, 2008 | posted by Mike

Regular readers of the site know that I have a bit of a "like/hate" relationship with reality competition shows. They're kind of like candy...you know they're not good for you, but you end up binging on them anyway.

A perfect example of this is the debut last night of Fox's Moment of Truth. I'm not sure if I like the show or not, but I am pretty certain that the presence of a lie detector game show on network television is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

So, just as with candy, I like to quickly move on from my reality competition show experience, with nothing but a little extra weight around the mid-section to show for it. I don't really expect or particularly want these folks to hang around, have careers and otherwise take up space in my increasingly limited attention span. But hey, that's just me. Millions of American Idol winner CD buyers obviously disagree.

With all this in mind, I find it funny that -- every few days or so -- we get a noticeable spurt of people who search Google for Next Food Network Star contestant Colombe Jacobson-Derstine and then visit TV Food Fan. They usually all visit within a half hour period, and all they are Googling is her name.

You may remember that we did a post about her non-NFNS resume when she was eliminated, so we know that she had some other irons in the fire. I'm assuming those other activities have something to do with it, but I can't figure it out.

You guys have to help me with this one:

If you're visiting this site as a result of a Google Search of "Colombe Jacobson-Derstine": Please leave a note in the comments or drop me a line at mike@tvfoodfan.com and let me know why you went looking for this information. Was it a movie you saw? I have to know!

If you are Colombe Jacobson-Derstine: Congratulations, you've officially beat the odds and lasted longer than your allotted 15 minutes of fame! This is something to be proud of...after all, nobody's searching for "JAG" anymore.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.