Home | Store


Anthony Bourdain is Expecting a Tiny Curmugeonly Gourmond
Friday, February 16, 2007 | posted by Mike

Sorry about the spotty posting in the past day or so. I could lie to you and tell you that I've been busy doing something to improve the site. Instead, I'll just go ahead and admit that I passed out on the sofa last night until Mrs. TVFF came home. She pointed me in the direction of the bedroom and that was it for me.

Most of the online conversation that goes around about having babies involves either Rachael Ray or Giada De Laurentiis. I'm guessing it is all part of the larger celebrity baby thing that everyone gets all revved up about.

But the latest news on food celebrity offspring comes from a slightly more unlikely source: Tony Bourdain.

Celebrity Baby Blog (no, really) has a report that chef Anthony Bourdain is expecting his first child. He dropped this bit of information on the Fresno Bee, which would explain why this Jersey boy is getting his info from Celebrity Baby Blog instead of straight from the horse's mouth.

Tony's very excited to be a dad. He said,

I'm absolutely thrilled and taking it very seriously. I'm thrilled, delighted, excited and just dancing on the ceiling.

As the kind of dad he thinks he'll be, he said,

Maybe I'm being a bit naive, but I always loved the idea of raising a little wild child. You know, somebody who grew up playing with Vietnamese kids and Indonesian kids. I love the idea of a kid who grows up speaking both Italian and English and maybe a little Bahasa. You know, a street smart, tough little ragamuffin with sunburned hair who suddenly shows up in the American school system with kung fu skills and multiple languages.

Little Known Fact: Lil' TVFF got straight As in his elective kung fu classes in high school.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.