Home | Store


Giada De Laurentiis Leads a Sheltered Life
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 | posted by Mike

Thanks to my efforts to get caught up on Rome (which I wholly recommend) before the second season debut this weekend, I didn't get to watch much of Giada's Weekend Getaways. In fact, I only caught a few minutes of it during a replay on Saturday. Thanks to that and some behind-the-scenes stuff going on here at TVFF.com (more on that later in the week), we regret to inform you that there will be no formal review of Giada's Weekend Getaways.

I did catch a little bit of the South Beach episode, though. It was pretty good. Giada was her usual perky self. They found some stylish and cool-looking locations. They ate food that looked delicious. She drove around in an absolutely adorable car. And, of course, all of the people she met along the way were beautiful.

Which brings me to my point: I don't think Giada knows any ugly people.

Seriously, have you ever seen her next to an ugly person? I haven't. In fact, I once saw her at a book signing near TVFF.com headquarters and I have to say it was a pretty attractive crowd.

We've all seen the friends and family that she invites over at the end of Everyday Italian...attractive. And those people she visited on her trip to Italy...attractive.

And then there's her husband, Todd. Have you seen him? TVFF.com is not at all afraid to say that he is a fantastic looking man. Oh, he's also a clothing designer for Anthropologie. For all of the guys out there, that would be like being married to a cheerleader who is also a massage therapist.

All of this is reinforced in Giada's Weekend Getaways. Friend after friend is better looking than the last. The funny thing is that it's not some fantasyland lifestyle that you see with someone like Martha Stewart, where everything is just so perfect and in its correct place. That always comes off as artificial. It's much more natural than that.

And maybe that's the scariest part. I honestly just think she doesn't know any unattractive people.

Giada can no longer go through life without being exposed to the ugliness of ugliness. Someone needs to stage an intervention.

I think it will go something like when those activists in The Truman Show keep trying to show Jim Carrey's character that his world is a facade. Someone will pop out from behind a bush and yell, "It's all a lie! Ugly people exist!!!!"

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.