Home | Store


The Hungry Detective Premiers
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 | posted by Mike

The Hungry DetectiveThe first episode of The Hungry Detective is in the books and we’re actually going to hold off on reviewing it. Why? Because next week, Det. Cognac will be pounding the pavement in the City of Brotherly Love. Since Philly is the TVFF’s hometown, I’ll be able to give you a better look at the show and, well, I just think it will be more fun that way. Plus, I have it on very good authority that “the Philly show kicks a#@!” (We try to keep TVFF.com a family website)

I will say this, though:

I’m certainly not a hater of Rachael Ray (there are websites for that if you’re interested), but $40 a Day was never one of my favorites. Mostly, I think, because I never really got the feeling that Rachael had found that cool little restaurant. Not to cast aspersions on her authenticity, but I never bought the concept that Rachael was walking around the city and stumbled upon her spots.

With Chris Cognac, the believability factor is much higher. He doesn’t come from Central Casting, and you believe him when he says, as he did in one of the preview clips (click on “Sneak Peek”) on the Food Network site, “I’m just a guy.” It certainly seems to be true, and that can be a great thing for this sort of show.

If you're not familiar with Det. Cognac, we’ve been able to share with you some of his background, and we look forward to getting you some more info in the future, so stay tuned.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.