Home | Store


An Iron Chef America Holiday Extravaganza!
Monday, November 26, 2007 | posted by Mike

'Tis the season, apparently.

I really hope you had a chance to tune in for the big holiday-themed desert battle on Iron Chef America. It was, in all likelihood, the funniest thing that I've ever seen on the Food Network. And I'm pretty sure that at least half of that humor was intentional...

I mean, Martial Arts Santa (see the remarkably accurate approximation at left) and the Elfin Sous Chef were certainly there to elicit a chuckle. The histrionics and maniacal cackling of Paula Deen? Well, I'm guessing that was just an unexpected bonus!

Yeah, I have to say I was pretty much right on with my guess a few weeks back. Paula wasn't really doing anything you or I couldn't do, so I'm hoping Cat got paid overtime for putting in all the extra work.

I'm not sure when it's on again, but do yourself a favor and check it out if you can.

Another thing: Have you seen those new promos for the holiday season with the various personalities as pseudo-Rankin/Bass characters? Am I the only person who thinks they didn't do Giada any favors by making her body so small? I mean, people already make fun of her for having a big head. But they got the smile spot on.

Labels: , , ,

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.