Home | Store


Adam Gertler Goes "On The DL"
Monday, January 19, 2009 | posted by Mike

It's been documented on this site that, while I do love me some food, there are a couple of other hobbies/interests that surpass it.  The BIG one is sports.  While I'm still smarting from the loss of my Eagles in the NFC championshiop yesterday, at least I can console myself with the memory that my Phillies are World F___ing Champions and I got to stand at Broad and South for the first parade in 25 years.

Because it's impossible to be a sports fan without becoming completely obsessed, there are a number of podcasts that I listen to regularly.  One of the absolute best -- On the DL with Dan Levy -- has a Philly flair since he's in the area and a Fightin' Phillies fan as well, but his show focuses on sports media and he manages to snag some huge names, including ESPN's Tony Kornheiser, NFL Films' Steve Sabol and even Philly sports enthusiast Governor Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania.  Dan and his co-host Nick are knowledgeable and the show is informative, fun and funny.

From time to time, the show also brings on some interesting non-sports folks, including a chat with Chuck Norris.  So it was a pleasant surprise when I heard he was going to have The Next Food Network Star runner-up Adam Gertler (who also hails from the City of Brotherly Love) on to discuss his new show, Will Work for Food.  He talks about the new show, his experience on Star and his experience owning a restaurant in Philly.

You can catch the episode on their site, but if your interested in sports, do yourself a favor and subscribe to the podcast while you're there.
 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.