Home | Store


Gordon Ramsay: Meanest Video Game Villain Since Those Things From Space Invaders
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 | posted by Mike

Having grown up on video games, I have to confess that, even now, I get a kick out of playing them.  Actually, this is true of many males from my generation.  I still have a PS2 hooked up to my television (although I rarely use it) and I’ll buy an occasional game now and then if it’s particularly interesting.  I will admit to owning and playing Madden 2004 and that, once, I was playing all day and hardly noticed it was 3:15 in the morning and time to go to bed.

Most of the games that I’ve owned over the years have involved either shooting at someone/something or competing in some sports event.  As far as I can remember, none of them involved having to chiffonade some basil.  In fact, the only ones that even included food were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (you regained power by eating pizza) and Burger Time

Believe it or not, now there’s actually a Hell’s Kitchen game on the way.  And, thanks to reader Christian, we can point you to some screen shots of the game over at G4’s video game site.
Got some new screens of Hell's Kitchen for the Wii, DS, Mac and PC, courtesy of Ubisoft.  Based off the popular reality-show of the same name, you can now bring home the joys of burning the roast and not only being ridiculed by your friends... but a virtual demon-chef Gordon Ramsay as well.  The game comes to a boil this September.
There are a whole bunch of pictures on the site (go there and click on the first image for the gallery).

As you can see, it’s going to be available on four platforms:  the two home computer platforms, the Wii console and Nintendo’s DS dual-screen portable device.  The really intriguing thing here would be the Wii, though, with its motion-sensing controller that currently lets you do things like play golf and swing tennis racquets.  How about a game that lets you “virtually” slice carrots and toss ingredients in a frying pan?  That’s kinda cool, huh?

Judging by the comments beneath the images, the gamers over at G4 don’t seem too impressed.  But how else can you get berated for your substandard béarnaise in the comfort of your own family room?

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.