Home | Store


Speaking of Macaroni and Cheese…
Friday, September 21, 2007 | posted by Mike

Hope you’re all enjoying an early start to your weekend! I’m actually going out for drinks and a bite to eat with PhilaFoodie this evening, so that should be a lot of fun. I’ll leave you with this little digression:

Just like a junkie who moves into an apartment on skid row, I’m truly fearful about the impact on my waistline and wallet that will be caused by the proximity of the TVFF Philadelphia Branch Office to a Trader Joe’s market. I went in the other day with the intention of “just looking around,” which turned into picking up “just one or two things,” which turned into a bag-load of groceries which I had to lug on the train ride home.

It goes without saying that any serious foodie who has a Trader Joe’s in his or her area should be making regular visits. But it was a decidedly non-foodie item that made me laugh and, ultimately, ended up in my basket.

Regular readers know that I have a couple of low-brow weaknesses – most notably, Taco Bell. Another is Kraft mac and cheese, the virtues of which have been stated in song more eloquently than is possible here. Of course, I’m fully aware that, no matter how much I may like it, it’s not the most healthy lunch option.

Well, leave it to Trader Joe’s to alleviate my concerns by carrying Organic Shells and White Cheddar, the packaging of which boasts that it is certified organic and that it contains “No Preservatives / No Artificial Flavors or Colors.” They also recommend low-fat milk in the directions, so that’s nice.

OK…since I made you sit through this little digression, I suppose that I owe you my thoughts on if it’s any good. It’s a deal. Look for a review of Trader Joe’s Organic Shells and White Cheddar in a future post.

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.