Home | Store


Lidia Loves a Parade
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 | posted by Mike

Well, we hope she does:

Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, the Italian-born emigre to America who has brought an appreciation of fresh Italian cooking and of Italian culture to the homes of millions, will be Grand Marshal of the 2007 Columbus Day Parade in New York City.

...

"I was thrilled when the Foundation asked me to serve as Grand Marshal, an honor previously bestowed on many great Italians and Italian Americans," said Ms. Bastianich.

"The United States welcomed me as an Italian immigrant nearly 50 years ago, and it has been a joy and a pleasure to share with the women and men of America secrets from my grandmother and mother's kitchens as well as more recent confections. I am deeply grateful for the opportunities I have received in my adopted country and for this wonderful honor presented to me by the Columbus Citizens Foundation."

In other NYC-related news, Mrs. TVFF and I will be in the city this coming Friday evening for a dinner with some friends. After much back-and-forth and a number of food TV celebrity-owned possibilities, we've opted for Jean-George Vongerichten's Spice Market. I'm leaning heavily towards the curried duck, but would gladly accept suggestions from anyone who has been there!

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.