Home | Store


Getting to Know a Little Bit About Zane Lamprey
Thursday, July 19, 2007 | posted by Mike

Maybe you're like me. (For your sake, I hope not.) Maybe you read our article the other day and thought to yourself, "Who is this Zane Lamprey who'll be hosting a show on Food Network?"

With that burning question haunting my every waking moment, we turned to the TVFF Research Department (i.e. Google) to get to the bottom of it.

Lamprey is an actor and comedian who is the current host of Three Sheets , which is available on MOJO HD. My TV is decidedly low-definition, so I don't even think we get this in the TVFF Household. Never fear, as the show's website provides this concise description:

Can you say “I’m buying” in 12 languages? Embark on this international drinking tour with comedian Zane Lamprey who takes you around the world to master the local drinking customs.

Now, I know that the idea of watching someone get drunk may not be appealing to some of you. I enjoy it, but mostly because I wish I was there with them. I'm also basing my opinion on the fact that I loved Dave Attell's Insomniac, which ran on Comedy Central a couple of years ago.

Although MOJO HD is unavailable to me (and maybe you, too), we were able to track down a clip from the show on YouTube:


I'm not sure how much the Food Network show will differ from Three Sheets, but Lamprey's brand of wacky humor (as evidenced in this clip of him bagging groceries for stunned and appalled customers) promises that we'll probably get some more of the same, except with food. Although there are some humorous individuals on the Food Network (George Duran and the guys at Charm City Cakes -- especially Geoff -- for example), they really don't have a dedicated "comedy" show, so it will be interesting to see what kind of tone the show ends up having.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.