Home | Store


Somewhere, Lidia Bastianich is Quietly Weeping
Monday, August 18, 2008 | posted by Mike

OK...this may be a bit off-topic, but we'll just interepret the site's stated mission of "food TV" a little more liberally today if that's all right with you.

You know that I like to complain at length about any perceived "dumbing-down" of food content on television programs.  Usually, that takes the form of mindless shortcuts (like pre-minced garlic), but I have to think that the ability to boil water and successfully place an ingredient into said boiling water is about as simple a process as exists in the real of cooking.  And yet...

The folks at Best Week Ever manage to capture my exact feelings, so just go ahead and read this. (Warning: lightly-edited naughty language)

And...welcome back.  Are you as angry as I am?  Good.  And I managed to find this on a day when I'll be cooking pasta for dinner.  I think that makes it all the more revolting.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the Pasta 'N More is, in fact, not the biggest affront to Italian culinary heritage currently on the market.  That honor would belong to the Pasta Express, which doesn't even require you to boil the noodles in water.  Nope, just fill 'er up with hot water and let it...steep?  Be sure to watch the "webmercial," which I swear is actually worse than the one for the Pasta 'N More.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE leave a comment or send us a note (anonymously, if you feel that you must preserve your honor) if you've ever had the good fortune to be served pasta from one of these devices.
 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.