Home | Store


Was Santa Good to You?
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 | posted by Mike

Please forgive us if we take a couple of days to get back in the swing of things. We were working hard over the holidays, as evidenced by our posts below. Check them out if you weren't stopping by regularly over the past week or so.

I hope that everyone out there had a merry and festive holiday season. Despite some fast-moving stomach flu activity in the TVFF household, it was fun.

So...the question of the hour...were you gifted with any food TV-related items this year? Any cookbooks, DVDs or kitchen gadgets?

I got one! My brother- and sister-in-law got me a bit of a "do it yourself" pizza set, with a fantastic OXO pizza cutter and a Mario Batali pizza peel (which you can see up there on the right). It's collapsible for easy storage and the main part is thin metal, so it slides nicely under the pizza. I tried it out on a frozen pizza that I made in the oven last week and I already love it.

Of course, with this cool new gear, I can't just make frozen pizza! That's why I'm going to be making a run to the local home and hardware store for some unglazed quarry tiles, which Alton Brown will tell you are perfect pizza stones for your oven and at a fraction of the price of the stones you find in kitchen stores. I'll be sure to give you an update once I have Chez TVFF Pizza Palace up and running. (This will also let me relive my prior pizza-making experience, which was done in between donning a large rodent outfit.)

My New Year's Resolution is to do more to encourage comments on the site, so let us know if you got a food TV item under the tree (or Menorah!). Perhaps a cool non-TV food item, such as that set of Le Creuset that you've been pining over forever (sorry, that's me). Whatever it is, let us know.
 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.