Home | Store


Straight From Planet Lovetron
Sunday, June 17, 2007 | posted by Mike

There are three things that really get me going. In no particular order, they are:

  1. Music
  2. Sports
  3. Food

Any time I get to combine two of them, you know it's good. That's why I was excited that tonight's episode of The Next Food Network Star featured a former member of my favorite basketball team, the Philadelphia 76ers. Darryl Dawkins, a.k.a. "Chocolate Thunder," a.k.a. resident of the planet Lovetron, a.k.a. the man for whom the collapsible rim was invented, made a guest appearance.

And if you're wondering how Mr. Dawkins got the nickname "Chocolate Thunder," you can check out the video below.



Non-Darry Dawkins Observations:
I turned to Mrs. TVFF when Tommy announced his "Grella-sized" meatballs and said, "How is that going to work as stadium food." And we saw how that turned out.

Also, I'm going to have to update my toy collection! Just like there was the Luke Skywalker action figures in various outfits (Bespin fatigues, Hoth battle gear, X-Wing pilot -- I had 'em all), I can't wait to get my "Bob Tuschman in Sporty Polo Shirt" action figure. The judges should do field trips more often...think of the merchandising possibilities!

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.