Home | Store


I'm Not Eating That
Monday, September 11, 2006 | posted by Mike

Mr. Hankey CakeHello, everyone. I hope that your weekend was as crammed full of grilled meat and football as mine was.

I did manage to set aside a little bit of time to check out what’s happening around the food TV web world and came across a nice collection of Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman's cakes at a blog called Neatorama.

Admittedly, I’m not a big cake/pastry person, but I do have to admit that I think Duff’s creations are interesting and creative. I actually like the kind of stuff he does rather than most of the things you see on those Food Network Challenge shows, which are ostentatious to the point of being ridiculous. Not to mention completely impractical. Any time you have to carry your cake up and down stairs to prove that it can be moved should tell you that it might be a bit over the top.

With Duff’s cakes, there’s a feeling that there might actually be a pretty tasty baked product somewhere in that flashy packaging, which I think sets it apart from the “spun sugar” and cantilevered contraptions seen elsewhere.

However, as cool as that Wrigley Field cake looks and despite the fact that he can turn a scooter into a dessert, there is just simply no way I’m going to eat a cake of Mr. Hankey.

Labels:

 







Hi, I'm Mike and I created TVFoodFan.com as a place where you can come to get the latest news and views about what’s going on in the world of culinary television.

Contact Us at: mike@tvfoodfan.com














Click on the box above to browse our selected products or search all of Amazon.com below to purchase from our store.